That's when I found PressPublisher at presspublisher.com. I've now put out 4 issues of the FJH iTech Newsletter and have found that the online program has done exactly what I want it to do.
Here are my favorite things about the program:
- Accessible everywhere since it's in the cloud
- I can focus on one article at a time and save them throughout the week to include in the newsletter.
- Easy addition of graphics and multimedia.
- Options to password protect, make public, email to users
- Good interface for editing
- Includes upcoming events (I use it to note the computer lab bookings for the week and special technology events at the campus or district)
- Regular features that remain constant throughout the newsletter (mine is Cool Links I've found throughout the week)
- Ability to designate whether articles are feature or cover articles.
- Ability to add personalized logos.
- Ability to sort articles order.
- Past issues are accessible from every newly published issue.
- May include document attachments in articles (important when I'm giving instructions)
- available online
- Ability to have multiple editors so can be a group collaboration
- Users can print the newsletter or save as PDF easily
- are searchable
- Free version
- Paid versions get 20% discount for nonprofit and educational institutions (see their Sign Up & Registration page for the discount)
- There's a bit of a learning curve. By Issue 2, I was sailing but I did need to check out the tutorials on a couple of things.